K.R. Byggdin - Wonder World
Jun 23, 2022
52:45 Now playing
Stranger than fiction, inspired by life, based on experience? Wonder World will get you thinking. K.R. Byggdin’s debut novel takes you deep into small community life. It’s a bit of triggering, coming-of-age story (Bildungsroman). K.R. Byggdin writes from his home in Halifax on themes drawn from his Manitoba upbringing. They
have weaved a gripping story that will touch the heartstrings of queer or trans people, yet delivers a strong metaphor that translates to all types of folk that never felt that they were excepted into their home community.
You can support and learn more about the Manitobaville podcast by visiting www.manitobaville.ca
• Queer and trans people and their communities
• An open society that is more accepting
• Authenticity in your own life
• Acceptance leading to lower risk of self-harm and suicide
• Mennonite communities becoming more open
• The Piñata effect
• Writing what you know for the greater book-buying public
• Gaining perspective by writing from another province
• Sequel vs a stand-alone novel
• The history* behind the ‘They’ singular pronoun (*think Shakespeare!)
• Book sales are up! Get in on the action, and read Wonder World!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Use this iframe code to embed this episode into another web page.