Bert Marshall & Ernie Neubauer - The Inglis Elevators
May 5, 2022
01:17:08 Now playing
The Inglis Elevators, giants of the prairies! A National Heritage Site that Bert Marshall and Ernie Neubauer know quite a bit about them. The pair helped to save, refurbish and curate them into a tourist destination. The elevators represent a bygone era
when communities thrived, when a farm could be small and profitable, roads were passable and cost-effective to maintain. Stay tuned after the discussion to get a tour of the elevators from Ernie!
You can support and learn more about the Manitobaville podcast by visiting www.manitobaville.ca
• 1920/21 started building first elevator
• How grain companies operated
• Ernie was the youngest grain buyer in Canada when he started
• Visitors want to experience the past
• Elevators were the centre of the farming communities
• Some things haven’t changed, like the weather and tall tales
• Rick Mercer and volunteers painting the elevators
This interview first aired March 23, 2018.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Use this iframe code to embed this episode into another web page.